About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

GirlTopia - Session 2 - What's On Girl's Minds?

In Session 2 - In addition to finding our creative side -- I am supposed to get feedback on community issues.

Below are the questions of the survey that sent to friends and to other girls who live in my area. -- I am just getting around to posting it -- but, I did the survey about 6 weeks ago.
***********************************************************************

  1. What’s your age?
  2. Where is your community located? (ex: Austin, Texas)
  3. Are you involved in your communities Parks and Rec activities? [] yes [] no
  4. If no, why?
[] I don’t know anything about them
[] There’s nothing for me
[] I live too far away
[] other _________________
  1. Do you feel you live in an ideal community for girls? []yes [] kind of [] no
  2. If no, why not? _________________
  3. Do you think that you have as much activities in the Parks and Rec department in your community for after school programs for girls, as there are for boys? [] yes [] no
  4. Do you feel discouraged that you can’t do as much, if there are not as many activities for girls in your community? [] yes [] kind of [] no
  5. Do you wish to see more opportunities’ for girls in your community? [] yes [] no
  6. If yes, what kind of opportunities?
[] sports opportunities
            [] Competitions (ex: more competitions for girls sports teams)
            [] Sports teams (ex: more girls sports teams)
            [] Specific sports
If specific sports which kind? (ex: Rock Climbing, Basketball, Baseball) ___________
[] Enrichment opportunities
            [] Classes (ex: Dance classes, Art classes)
            [] Clubs (ex: After school Girls Debate Club)           
  1. Do you think that girls get enough say in your community? [] yes [] kind of [] no
  2. If no, would you change that if you could? [] yes [] no
  3. If yes, how would you change it? ________________

No comments:

Post a Comment