About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Girltopia - Session 4 - Choosing to Take Action

Choosing to Take Action

I know that I want to make a difference.  I know that our community falls short when it comes to meeting the needs of teens and girls in the parks and recreation department.  I feel that we also have a real need for someone to get the attention of the adults.  To make them aware of the educational needs of the community as it relates to the environment.

Having been involved in the community with the annual Nature Pfest (a project with the school district), this is the only opportunity we have to teach kids about nature. 

I have tried to post signs about ecological restoration projects I have worked on completing.  I am trying to get more storm drain tiles.  It has been frustrating and feel that I have to be in a different position to really make something happen.

I applied to be the student representative for the City of Pflugerville Parks and Recreation Commission.  On June 26, 2012, stood in front of City Council and told them WHY they needed to choose me.

See Session 7 for the transcript of my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment