About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Made w/Code Mentors

It's now been two months since I started my Made w/Code Girl Scout internship and its been such a great learning experience.

One part of the internship that I really enjoy is getting to interact with girls on the second and fourth Friday of every month at the Girl Scout council office. This day is dedicated to sciences and I have had the opportunity to teach one session for all three age groups these days.

So far we've gone over what coding is, what fields you can work in with computer coding and what an x and y axis is and how to use it within photo editing. We've built teamwork skills to help one another on coding projects and I can't wait to give these girls more challenges to work on together.

When I thought of challenges I thought of the Mentor videos on the website. These mentors had challenges which they faced with perseverance, intelligence and imagination. And I definitely see some of the girl scouts I am teaching in the mentors I am watching on the website.

Don’t believe me? Go check out the mentor videos for yourself at
http://clixtrac.com/goto/?191773

Yours in Coding,
Sarah Young

No comments:

Post a Comment