About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Power of Advocacy #7 - Ambassador Journey - - Thank You


Ms. Berg,
I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to meet with me.

I don't feel I got to talk with you about my survey and the results.  Please review and share with all departments that have girl impact.

It is important to get the girls outside.  Studies across the country back the importance of nature and its connection to academic success.

GSUSA needs to take the lead- councils and girls will follow.  Listen to the girls- ask current members what they want.

I would appreciate a time to actually talk about the survey, and for you to listen to my journey idea and not be told what you think can be done.   I worked hard to put together information and you wouldn't let me share it with you.  Although discouraging- I will continue to pursue.

When is a good time to talk with those who could answer my questions?
1.  What would it take to make this type of journey happen?
2.  Is it money?  If so how much?

I can talk by phone the first two weeks of December on Mondays or Wednesdays.

I look forward to our next discussion.

Sarah Young

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 25, 2013, at 4:51 PM, "Berg, Joanne" <JBerg@girlscouts.org> wrote:
Dear Sarah:

Thanks so much for coming in today to meet with me and to share your ideas.  Truly appreciated!

Have a great Thanksgiving in New York City!

Regards,
Joanne

Joanne L. Berg
Executive Editor, Girl Experience
Girl Scouts of the USA

No comments:

Post a Comment