About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Monday, September 30, 2013

The Power of Advocacy #1 - Ambassador Journey -


Step 1:  Finding Your Cause 

Everyone has something they love, something they like, or something that’s deeper than it all. Something they are passionate about and my passion is the environment. Everything and anything green, growing and flowing. Starting this journey, I knew I was going to do something environmental.

Due to my love for the environment I found it an insult that the nurseries and big name stores were selling invasive species. It was my first idea to talk to City Council about banning the ability to sell invasive species. But this idea changed, when I figured out, that girls in my council weren’t having a say in outdoor activities and trips.

So my project went from, banning invasives, to giving girls a voice in getting outdoors and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment