About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Senior Journey Summit Award

The Senior Journey Summit Award is a new "award" in Girl Scouting.  It came out last fall (2011) with the new handbook.  According to the handbook it is awarded if you complete all three Senior Journeys, you'll earn the Leadership Journey Summit award.     
I did it - I earned my Summit Pin and have learned numerous skills. Earning this Summit Pin has made me feel accomplished. By myself I have done three journeys, the Sow what agriculture journey. The Mission Sisterhood communications journey and the Girltopia journey.
             I think other Girl Scouts should go for the Summit Pin. I loved learning, through these journeys, things I couldn’t have through the badges. Girls who love a challenge and extra GS work should try to earn Summit Pin. It was a great experience, challenging and fun and other older Girl Scouts should try to earn it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment