About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This Summer as a Girl Scout -- Part 1

Summer Girl Scout experiences

            This summer has been busy and full of great Girl Scout experiences. Before the summer started I worked on ideas for my Gold Award and sent in my paperwork. During the summer I worked on my Gold. I sent in a grant for trees, but still have not heard back.
            I had the opportunity to attend the state wide Gold Award Ceremony at the Texas State Capitol. I had an even greater experience being part of the Color Guard for the ceremony. This was my first time bearing a flag in such a ceremony and I think we did a great job. I am glad that my mom is going to be putting Flag ceremony’s into the Service Unit Meetings. Because I feel that learning this is important.
            I also went to Wisconsin and took part in a Girl Scout Fourth of July Parade with a Girl Scout troop from that area. As well as did a service project with them. We weeded a public garden and planted other native plants. -- See more about Boyd Family Girl Scouts - This Summer as a Girl Scout - Part 2.
            One of my favorite Girl Scout experiences for this summer was traveling around the world with five other Girl Scouts my age to Ghana, Africa, to attend an International Scouting Jamboree. It was a wonderful experience and I hope that I can attend more in the future. One thing that I did in Africa though, that stood out above the rest, was planting 80 trees with the Ghana Girl Guides. This was my Take Action project for my Girltopia Journey I had been working on prior to the trip.
            This summer has been eventful and experience filled. I hope that this coming semester will bring new skills and new fun activities. And I hope that next summer with be just as wonderful as this one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment