About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why Stay in Girl Scouting!

Why stay?

            Girl Scouting is a great way to learn new skills and meet new people all in a safe and exciting environment. And the older you get in Girl Scouts, the more the skills become challenging and the more people you get to meet.
            Why stay? Why stay in Girl Scouts? I stayed because I wanted to make a lasting difference in this organization. I stayed because of the things Girl Scouts has to offer me. Traveling to foreign places, to meet new people and to learn new skills. Girl Scouts is a great organization that empowers girls to be themselves and to learn about the world around them.
            Staying in Girl Scouts is also a good thing because the higher awards can earn you scholarships for college. It can also, if you’re interested, get you good recognition in the Military. I learned that earning your Girl Scout Gold Award can earn you an advance in ranking if you join the Military.
            I don’t understand why anyone would want to leave Girl Scouts. It’s such a wonderful program and it’s a great way to learn new skills, and to find your interests. It has helped me immensely, find what I’m passionate about and has helped me learn more about it. I stayed in Girl Scouts and I hope that other girls my age will too.     

No comments:

Post a Comment