About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mission Sisterhood Session 2- Different types of Friends

            With this section I will gain a better understanding of the importance of various types and levels of friendships. I will discuss the different friendships in books to help  understand different friendships and how they build the characters.
            A Separate Piece is a great book that portrays a rather one sided friendship. A friendship between two boys, Phineas and Gene. Gene is a lonely, introverted individual, while Phineas is a taunting, daredevil athlete. Phineas enjoys challenges but hates to be outdone. Gene is a smart student that follows Phineas in fear of being picked on. Together they make a rather strange pair, but together they are also very different. Phineas is very defensive over Gene as if he was his own brother. Gene follows Phineas and learns about going for the big and trying things even if they seem too difficult. So alone they are just regular students, but together, they form a strange, but perfect friendship. 
            In the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy there are many strange friendships, but the one that I can most distinctively say is a friendship relationship is the one between Katniss and Gale. Gale, an 18 year old boy that is the oldest of a family of…many, hunts, which provide food and money for his family. Katniss, a 16 year old girl that is also the oldest of a family of three people, but it only seems that it is a family of 2, because of her mentally ill mother. But she hunts as well, which provides food and money for her family. Gale and Katniss have been friends for four years; they started out as hunting buddies, and then turned into hunting companions. Gale was a snare sensation, while Katniss was a good shot, as well as a scavenger. And as their friendship grew, they shared all they knew about the woods, and even shared the spoils. So their friendship kept them going, it helped them provide for their family, but it also kept them healthy mentally. They listened to each others rants about the Capitol, and gave constructed feedback on everything that came in their way. Their friendship was more than just a walk in the woods; it was a friendship that meant life or death, not only for them, but for their family as well.
            So friendships come in many shapes and sizes. And people who have completely different interests can form a completely different, but interesting friendship. And now that I have knowledge of different relationships, I can start to unravel the friendship relationships that I am affiliated with.  -- My next post will be about what kind of friend am "I".

No comments:

Post a Comment