About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I am working towards my Mission Sisterhood journey pin, and I am excited to say, that part of the journey is going camping with my cousin who I am working with to get this journey.  What does this have to do with a GS Journey?  Part of the Journey is to keep eachother physically and mentally healthy.  That is what we are doing.  We are planning to do more hiking and rock climbing as our fitnexx.

We will be leaving tomorrow morning to her ranch in Dripping Springs. Not only is this a good time to talk about Girl Scouts, but it also gives me a chance to practice backpacking before I go to Ghana this summer, as well as work on some more IP’s. We will be “backpacking/camping” for almost two days, so about 30 hours.

We’ll be going hiking, we will be gathering plants, cooking, writing, drawing, talking, so we’ll just be connecting with nature, while having a good time. I will get to practice outdoor cooking, and plant identification and gathering on the trip. I was going to teach myself to fish, but decided that I’ll just wait until I learn properly. But the part that I am waiting for is getting to sleep under the stars.

I will be bringing a journal, I won’t have many entries, but whatever I have in it, I will make sure to type and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment