About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Golden Eaglet - Child Nurse - part 1

As I have worked on the 1934 Merit Badges - a few have forced me to learn a lot of new information.  It has been an educational journey.  Reminding me that badges  are designed to "Educate NOT Decorate".

I thought the Child Nurse badge would be easy for me -- I have been actively watching younger children for 5 years.  With most of my time with kids under age 5.  However, I realized there was still so much to learn.

I also knew that the time I spent before -- would not count toward this badge.  I had a required 24 hours to spend in this role.  It could have been in 2, 3 or 8 hour blocks.  I wanted to do something I hadn't done before - so I went for a 24 hour block of time - including bed time routine, all meals and of course activities, reading, etc.

I am 12 hours into the 24 -- look for the final blog tomorrow (maybe Thursday -- tomorrow I am making two dresses for the dressmaker badge).  Along with a few others (I have 7 other badges finished -- it has been a great experience

No comments:

Post a Comment