About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Golden Eaglet - First Aid


I have been trained in First Aid and CPR and I can do the following as according to the 1934 badge requirements:
           

- Treat a fainting person
- Bandage a sprained ankle with a triangular bandage
            - Put on a sling
            - Treat a scratch, cut and blister
- Stop bleeding by means of pressure
            - Remove a splinter
- Remove a speck from the eye without rolling back the eyelid
            - Treat a burn
            - Treat poison Ivy


             For the Part II of this badge I had to present that I knew how to do the following:

 
-          How to properly use a triangular bandage

-          Control severe bleeding

-          Transport an injured person

-          Know how to treat a sprain, strain, bruise, nosebleed, choking, insect bite, sunstroke, frostbite

No comments:

Post a Comment