As I finish up various IP's from Savanah - think about Girl Scout history -- I enjoyed looking through the 1947 Intermediate Girl Scout Handbook that we aquired for our own family archieves. My grandmother was a Girl Scout and she used the 1947 version of the handbook.
My next goal is to actually find this badge :)
Here are the things that I think I have done to earn this badge: I had to finish 10 of the activities.
- - This year I have identified, out of doors, fifteen different trees
- - I know how to plant and care for a young tree
- - I know how to properly cut a branch off a tree, and how to care for a tree's wound
- - I know which of my fifteen trees are hardwood and softwood
- - Plant trees
- - Identify, in your community, the kinds of trees and shrubs that attract birds
- - I have learned some of the bugs and deseases that a tree can obtain
- - I know where to get sticks for a camp fire
- - I am making a bow out of Ash Juniper, it is not to be painted, and it shows the grain of the wood
- - I know by sight five trees that bear fuit and nut that is edible