About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Justice - Ambassador Journey - Session 4


Just recently I learned that kids in Pflugerville travel 25 miles to visit the Nature Center in Austin. I feel that outdoor education opportunities should be closer and more accessible to the youth of Pflugerville. I have pondered the idea of a nature center in Pflugerville and can’t see a better time than now.

In the past couple of years I’ve participated in the city’s Arbor Day Nature Pfest. I’ve asked multiple kids what their favorite subject is and many say science. I’m happy to hear this, but what I didn’t know, was that they like this subject because very little effort was needed for this subject.

Now that I know that science isn’t looked at as a priority in schools. I really do feel that this Nature Center is something we need. Because if this center is accessible to teachers, then they might be more inclined to teach science and environmental science.

No comments:

Post a Comment