About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Justice - Ambassador Journey - Session 9

Inspiring Justice

            Talking to the Pflugerville Parks Director gave us the opportunity to speak to the parks commission about the Pflugerville Outdoor Nature Center. Matthew gave a presentation at the Parks and Recreation Commission on December 19th, 2013. All commission members agreed with the idea on the house becoming a Nature Center for the kids of Pflugerville. So now the next step is to get it inspected and make repairs as well as fundraise.

This Nature Center will address the issue of Environmental Education, because the best way to preserve our environment is to teach others how as well as about it. This Nature Center will give kids of Pflugerville the opportunity to come and learn about Marshland, Blackland Prairie and the wildlife around Pflugerville Lake.

I am excited for this Nature Center and think that it will be a great asset to the Pflugerville community! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment