About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Justice - Ambassador Journey - Session 5


In schools nowadays, teachers have the ability to decide how much science is being taught to children. As well as what kinds of sciences are to be taught and how. I don’t agree with the current way teachers are teaching sciences and feel that the science resources and opportunities are not enough.

I feel that more schools should teach environmental science and feel that schools should make it a must. The reason that less and less kids are outside anymore, is because kids feel that they have no connection to the outdoors. If teachers take them outside during school to lean about the environment through science, I think that more kids will want to be outside and share with friends and families what they’ve learned. Because the more kids interact with the outdoors, the more they will want to be outdoors.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment