About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mission Sisterhood - Session 5 - Fit for the mission

This journey has helped me in my friendships and “acquaintances” but also with my health and physical well being too. This journey has encouraged me to start my day early and to end my day early.  When I started this journey -- my goal was to start rock climbing with my cousin on a weekly basis.  I am still planning to do some outdoor rock climbing this fall - there are three trips I want to do.  I realized that I don't have the upper body strength I need to make that happen.
            One of the things that I have to do for Mission Sisterhood was a fitness log. For the past few days I have been getting up at 6:00am, and doing my exercise until 6:30am, and by the time I’m done with breakfast and walking the dog (6:30-7:00) and piano practice (7:00-8:00), by 8 ‘o’ clock I’ve started my math. And most days by 1:30pm I’m done with work for the day.
           I am doing pushups, situps, pull ups and will start an upper body workout next week doing three different types of pushups.  I think I need to find some finger exercises too.
            Doing this each day has made me a pleasant person to be around. Meaning that I go to bed early because I’m tired and then get up early because I’m rested. Then for the rest of the day I feel good because I’m getting things done because my morning was productive.   
     I am also working on my friendships.  I realize that sometimes this means I actually have to pick up the phone and call someone.  Or I might need to plan a time to get together.  As a homeschooler - it is WORK to keep and make friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment