About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Golden Eaglet - Athlete

            One of the requirements for this badge is to hold the Health Winner badge… check! And in having the Health Winner badge I know that exercise is a very important part of everyones life. It helps to keep them fit and healthy, as well as mentally fit.

            The hardest part of this badge was being able to throw a baseball accurately up to 40 feet. I don’t play baseball, so I wasn’t good at the beginning. But after a few pitches with my brother, I was able to throw the baseball almost the entire length of my side-yard, with both my right and left, pretty accurately. My brother told me that he should be able to catch the ball without extending his arm out all the way and without having to take a step or lean over. After a couple dozen pitches I was able to, but not with my left.

            Also one of the requirements was to help lead a game for a group of people. At the home school field day I was co-captain for capture the flag and helped to lead two “missions” with two other people into the red “territory”.

            Another requirement for this badge is to hold the Swimmer badge… check!

No comments:

Post a Comment