About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Golden Eaglet - Cook


With all the badges - I have to demonstrate the proficiency of my skills.  I am glad to have been cooking my own meals since I was 6, because it made this badge easier. Knowing that I had cooked, I was able to do many of the requirements quickly.

            However I learned how to do a few things I had never done before. Like how to poach an egg.

            I used the whirlpool method that I found online -- What you want is a “pot” with water (excluding 1 inch from the top) with two teaspoons of Kocher salt and ¼ of white vinegar, let the water simmer on medium heat. While the water is heating, crack your egg in a ceramic small bowl. Once the water is finished, take the handle of a spoon or spatula and create a whirlpool. Then, in the middle of the whirlpool drop in the egg. Put a lid on the pot and let it sit for 3 minutes - depending on how firm. Then after about three, get a holed spoon, take it out and eat it. If you don’t want to at the time, put it on ice and you can keep it in the fridge for up to eight hours, then you can heat it up in some hot water.

            I enjoyed learning new things, after taking cooking classes since I was seven or eight, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t ever done this before.   Since I don't like eggs -- my mom ate it -- and my sister wanted me to make her one next.  So it looks like I'll be cooking these more than just a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment