About Me

My photo
Check out my other blogs: Sow What Journey http://sarahsowwhat.tumblr.com www.100actsofgreen.org As a homeschooling Girl Scout I am often doing my Journey's as part of my school work. Which means that I have to plan and implement them myself. I have been asked to share this with others. My first blog was with the Senior Sow What Journey. Since I plan to earn 5 other Journeys -- this will be the site for all information.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Golden Eaglet - Child Nurse - Part 2


 

 

I survived the 24 hour span of watching a little person. Learning that it is difficult to watch and entertain children for a long period of time. And that Candy Land can supply 3 hours of fun for my baby cousin.

Creating lists of ideas was helpful, because I always had a plan, in case she got bored or tired of one thing. To earn this badge I had to be able to bathe a child, feed and entertain a child and create a list and/or schedule for a day to keep a child occupied. As well as know when a good time is to go outside.

For example, after the three hours of playing Candy Land, Emily (whom I was babysitting) complained that she was bored and that she had a head ache. I knew by her head ache that she needed water and outside time, so we played some “baseball” outside for an hour. Until she complained it was too bright and it was “burning her eyes”.

I enjoyed doing this badge, partially because I got to play for an entire day!

No comments:

Post a Comment